From the total 16.27 lakh tickets booked online in September 2007, 22 per cent online payments were made using cash cards, according to Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) data.
In October 2007, 23 per cent of 17.2 lakh tickets were booked using pre-paid cash cards; and November saw further increase in cash card usage with online payments for 24 per cent of 17.8 lakh tickets being made through
The trend continued in December when cash cards accounted for 25 per cent of 18.4 lakh online tickets and January 2008 (cash cards were used to pay for 26 per cent of 18.8 lakh online ticket booking).
The share of credit cards for online booking has been hovering around 42-43 per cent during the above mentioned period, while rest of bookings are done using debit cards or Internet banking mechanism.
- Consumption patterns of Video, Blogs and Social Ne...
- Link Building Ideas
- Click distribution by Google Search Result Positio...
- Distribution of Clicks by Google Search Result Pos...
- Will slowdown affect funding in India
- Warren Buffett in 2007 Annual Report of Berkshire ...
- Fee structure of fund of funds
- Online Airlines Travel Agent Market Size, India
- Mobile VAS market of Airtel [Bharti Telsoft]
- Growth prespective of Indian Economy
- CPM Rates published by PubMatic
- Matrimony Preference on Netizens
- Google, Microsoft, Yahoo Market Share
- Prevelant CPM Rates in India
- Online Advertising and Gaming in India
- Online Advertising Revenues
- Investments in Food Business in India
- Report on Internet in India
- Internet and Mobile Advertising in India
- Orkut, Facebook and MySpace in India
- Payment Modes on IRCTC
- Internet Comsumption from Office, Gaming in India
- Typical Bounce Rates for Internet Sites
- Domestic Search Engine Market of India
- NRI Travel Market of India
- Share of Credit Cards and Cash Cards in Online Tic...
- Angel Investments in USA
- Investments by Clearstone in India
- Outbound Travel Market of India
- Tourism of India - Internal, Inbound and Outbound
- Online Travel Market in India
- SMBs and Establishments in India
- Conversion ratio in Freemium Model
- ▼ April (34)