Mobile value added service (VAS) provider Bharti Telesoft aims to increase revenues four-fold to $200 million in the next three years.
Currently, VAS accounts for 8% of the Indian telecom player’s mobile revenues. Research house Gartner projects a five-year CAGR of 45% in VAS revenues, which would then account for a fifth of telecom revenues.
Bharti Telesoft operates in four segments
- business support system (where it manages royalty programmes, electronic recharge etc),
- M-VAS (roaming),
- mobile commerce (enabling financial transactions through cell phones)
- mobile entertainment.
- Indian VAS market is stated to touch $10 billion by 2010.
- Africa should be worth $5-6 billion
- South East Asia about $8-10 billion.